Friday, April 2, 2010

A TRIBUTE TO MY DADDY

This is a photo of my daddy and son taken 18 years ago.
My dad passed away 15 years ago and I am so grateful that I had such a wonderful dad who unlike modern dad is firm and is always encouraging me to do my best.

His is always caring and most of the time, I felt that he cared more for others like relatives and friends than the family. He always told me that there are others less fortunate than we are.
He is never rich in wealth but he brought us up rich in character and filled with a charitable spirit.
He showed us the way by not talking much and often he will let his actions do the talking.

I still remembered him taking me to the coffee stall and treating me to coffee and toasted bread with butter and kaya. Hand in hand we walked along the old shops as he taught me the goodness of life.
He always wanted me to be good and contribute to society regardless of race and status.
He is good at packing any thing and he increased sales at the provision shops by innovative ways of packing the good to entice customers to buy.

He worked everyday and will bring work home. I remembered him having to dry cuttle fish in the sun. It was hard work having to squad for hours in the hot sun and looking out for the rain. Sometimes he will have to lay out the goods in an area the size of a football field.
He will never asked us for help and will rather wait for us to make the first move.
Often, we will end up helping him to finish the work so he can rest.
He will never force me to study but will reward me when I did well. He is always there when I needed him.
GENEROUS, CARING,POLITE AND GENTLE TO ALL AND ALWAYS FORGIVING TO EVEN HIS ENEMY, THAT IS HIS CHARACTER.
He told me that he was butted on the head by a japanese soilder for not bowing to him at a traffic junction. He smuggled milk powder and rice to his village friends and relatives so that the babies could live. The penalty at that time was the firing squad.
Such is the character of my DAD my HERO

AT THIS AGE AND AFTER BECOMING A DAD I used some of the things I learn from my dad to bring up my son.
He is a fine young man now and I am real proud of him.
THANK YOU DADDY FOR THE LESSONS YOU TAUGHT ME IS REAL AND TRUE.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy, it's been a long time...more than 25 years in fact. I am quite moved by your eulogy of your dad. I remember your family as very welcoming and generous on my account. All the best, Philip.

    ReplyDelete