Saturday, August 8, 2009

MY GUITAR ------A WONDERFUL FRIEND IN TIMES OF SADNESS AND HAPPINESS.

Music is an important part of our life and it goes where our moods and emotion goes.
I love music since I was a young boy and used to sing along when my mum was listening to teochew opera. Being poor I was only able to afford a harmonica and I learnt it myself within a day. Later on my big brother bought an old guitar for $20/ and when he left to study overseas, I took over and slowly got to strum songs and learn to sing. Self learning is great and I was able to pick up most songs of the 60s and 70s with the old songs book.
In my ups and downs, through the years, this old guitar followed me and is still an old reliable friend to cry my hearts out and also to share my moments of joy.
Since them I had acquired 4 more guitars but I can never forget the good old days spent with my old friend, the guitar.
The song by John Denver "this old guitar" is my ever lasting favorite and described my true feelings.
My THANKS TO THIS OLD FRIEND.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, music can bring such comfort and pleasure. As Shakespeare wrote in his play "Twelfth Night" : "If music be the food of love, play on". Glad to see you are enjoying your guitar(s).

    ReplyDelete