Thursday, September 24, 2009

DEPARTURES----- A MOVING TALE OF HUMAN DIGINITY

I was very curious to know why a Japanese movie won the Best Foreign Film at the Academy Award 2009, so I got hold of a DVD and proceeded to watch the movie.
To my amazement, I was so moved and touched by the slow but meaningful tale of Japanese passion for their work and their deep understanding of life and death.
I watched the entire length of the movie and was reduced to tears many a times. It made me realised that nothing is too meaningless if we all bothered to search deep and do our task with pride and understanding of the purpose and consequences. The action from this work if perfected would bring new meaning to the observer and convinced them the need and meaning of our work.
The movie followed a simple story line and each development was well timed and brought new meaning to the passage of life on earth and the movie.
I finished the movie and came out feeling proud of my work both in my career and spiritual work.
A MUST SEE IF YOU HAVE NOT CATCH THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I first watched part of the film on a 6 inch screen on an SQ flight, and knew I had to get the DVD. Got it last month and like you I was touched by its moving story. Very artistically done.

    ReplyDelete